Our services are fee for service and not covered by OHIP. While many clients pay out of pocket for their sessions, most prefer to use their extended benefits. We are happy to support you however we can if you do not have extended benefits coverage.
Should you want to use your benefits to pay for sessions, it is important that we match you with a therapist who has the credentials to cover you.
When looking at your benefits package, determine if you have coverage for any of the following:
- Registered Social Worker (M.S.W. or R.S.W.)
- Registered Marriage and Family Therapist (R.M.F.T)
- Registered Psychotherapist (R.P)
- Registered Psychologist (C. Psyc)
At the Vaughan Relationship Centre, our therapists are social workers with extended training to work with relationships. If you have coverage for another type of practitioner, we are able to provide referral suggestions.
When calling to inquire about services, please note:
- All therapist types covered under your plan. Most clients know that they have psychologists/psychotherapy coverage, but double check that you also have social worker coverage.
- Note when your coverage year starts and ends (it is not always the calendar year)
- How much coverage you have per year to budget your sessions.
The number of sessions is determinant on your situation. While some situations can be resolved within 8 to 10 sessions, many of our clients require more. We have found that for couples to strengthen their bond, they often require a minimum of 12 to 20 sessions. However, individual results may vary — please contact us to inquire further.