Sophia Ciniello, B-Ed, M.S.W., R.S.W.
(Inactive — Maternity Leave)
Sophia is a therapist who understands life can be overwhelming, and relationships can be challenging. She is a non-judgmental, and compassionate individual who knows that making the decision to come to therapy is often the most difficult step. By walking alongside you and your loved ones, she will help you unpack and work to resolve your obstacles. Sophia wants to create a therapeutic environment where you feel safe, supported and understood.
As a trauma-informed therapist, Sophia practices with the intention of understanding the root of presenting issues, as opposed to giving “quick fixes”. She developed this tactic in her 9+ years working in the social services. In addition to working with relationships, addictions, and individuals, Sophia also has experience working with youth and families. Sophia started her career as a secondary school teacher and from there, she has worked with many individuals from all age groups in varying settings from community agencies, hospitals, and private mental health setting.
Sophia practices from a holistic, and emotionally-focused perspective to best help her clients feel heard, respected and understood. She believes in the process that is therapy.
Specialized focus on:
- Couples Counselling/ Marital Counselling
- Child and family therapy (specializing in 12-19 years of age)
- Addictions (substance abuse, pornography, gambling, etc.)
- LGBTTQQIAP2 relationships
- Anger Management
- Supporting family members who have had loved ones who may be experiencing mental illness or substance concerns
- Conflict Resolution
Sophia uses a variety of effective psychotherapies and counselling techniques, such as:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Brief and Solution Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Harm Reduction (including Abstinence) Technicques
- Attachment Focused Therapy
- Masters of Social Work (M.S.W.)
- Bachelor of Education – specialization in Alternative Education and Mental Health
- Honours Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations & Designations:
- Member of Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Member of Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)