Neera Madhok, M.S.W., R.S.W.
Neera is a compassionate therapist who has 11 years of experience as a helping professional. She understands how difficult it can be to take that first step and ask for help, but if you are finding yourself stuck, she will work through your barriers with you and give you new tools to develop an action plan that can help you take the necessary next steps to move towards a happier, healthier life.
Neera understand that as you experience change, it can bring up feelings of sadness, depression, fear and anxiety. She wants to see her clients feel more confident and able to take the necessary steps to move forward. Having gone through unexpected life changes herself, Neera can closely relate to the challenges and struggles that you may be experiencing to get your life on track.
Each experience of changes in life is unique, complex, and highly personal. Therefore Neera puts an emphasis on treating her clients and their stories as unique and will be able to establish the appropriate treatment to meet the specific needs of each of her clients based on in-depth conversations and careful attention.
When unexpected change happens for one individual, it can impact family members and partners inevitably. Neera will help you, as well as the ones close to you cope together.
Specialized focus on:
Other areas of interest:
- Domestic Violence
- Racial Identity
- Relationship Issues
- Self Esteem
Neera uses a variety of effective psychotherapies and counselling techniques, such as:
- Mindfulness therapy
- Brief solution focused therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Wilfred Laurier University – Masters of Social Work
- McGill University – Bachelors of Arts, Psychology
- Mindfulness Counselling Strategies – CTRI (Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute Inc.)
- Trauma Mitigating and Eliminating Intrusive Thoughts and Flashbacks – Mission: Empowerment
- Multicultural /Anti-Oppression Certificate- Wilfred Laurier University
Professional associations & designations:
- Member of Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Member of Ontario Association of Social Workers